Yesterday I’ve released a jQuery window name transport plugin: jquery-wnt.js
Inside it’s much simpler than other attempts.
Outside it exposes two methods:
- $.wnt.get( url, data, callback )
- $.wnt.post( url, data, callback )
The arguments are:
- url: the url you want to fetch
- data: the data you want to send, as a js object
- callback: the function that will take care of the response, received as the only argument
It works in IE8, FF3.5, Safari 4, Chrome 3, and Opera 10.
- the query string of the url of the get is not honored, so you should pass those parameters as data