RubyMine is my preferred IDE for Ruby development. I chose it for local and remote debugging from the browser. It has some space for improvement but it’s also pretty good. And support is excellent.
These are the issues that I’ve reported. This list is mostly for my own use.
- Replace in Path should be integrated into Find in Path
- The ‘Replace in Path’ functionality is completely broken
- Number of ‘Found usages’ depends on wether the button ‘Merge usages from the same line’ is pressed or not
- Exclude external libraries from a custom scope of ‘Find in Path’
- In a big text file, it takes up to 2 seconds to move the caret only 1 char
- Depending on path tooltip position, displayed document is garbled
- Depending on caret position, displayed document is garbled
- Replace in Path (with a grouping RegEx) makes a mess (depending on input)
- File comparison should behave differently for ending lines
- Breakpoints dialog floats on top even if the parent project is closed (it has no closing button either)
- Extract CSS is broken
- Dream remote debugging with the PassengerDebugger option
- How to remotely debug Rails in Apache + Passenger + RubyMine