I just stumbled upon the job offer that REDACTED-3 1the company where I had been working for the last 3 years, up to two months ago published to fill the vacancy I left.
Here it goes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the CTO, to be the reference in the Front development of the own platform. 2this is the same promise they made to me during my face to face job interview (after delivering a stellar solution to their job challenge) to entice me, but they were never able to hand over anything to me of their huge AngularJS platform in the next 3 years
- Lead a migration project from AngularJS to a more current efficient solution, possibly VueJS. 3this is what I suggested just two months after I started working there; I had compiled and shared with them a GitLab repo with work-in-progress documents, describing all the steps I envisioned to migrate their big ball of mud, AngularJS, ES5 app to a well architected, VueJS, ES6+ app; they never ever gave me any feedback, until this posthumous job offer
- Ensure the highest quality of the software developed. 4the newcomer will find the bar quite high indeed; the only feedback I got from the general manager was his praise of my excellent programming skills
- Possibility of managing a team. 5this was also part of the initial enticing offer they made to me, but the initial team of 2.5 frontend developers shrank to one of 1.5 after a few months; I was the 1 and the .5 was another guy which (in his other .5) also developed the Java middleware; he had been doing both since the start of the company (7 years ago)
Skills & Qualifications
- Empathy with our Product, high communication skills and a desire to understand how our REDACTED-3 platform works. 6did I say anything about a big ball of mud? be ready for it
- Experience of at least 4 years in FrontEnd development and specifically with AngularJS. 7this will be of little help to you, as it was to me; not only because of the big ball of mud, but also because the original developers who chose AngularJS, and knew how to create an AngularJS app, had left the company years before my arrival; now you will find misuses at many levels, together with indiscriminate use of $scope and timeouts, be ready for it
- Ability to build leadership based on both technological mastery and the ability to combine team, tasks and effort, leading by example.
- Committed, positive, decisive, empathetic person, with the ability to work in a team and quality-oriented.
- Aligned with continuing to build the best Product on the Market to provide the best services to our Clients
- Face-to-face 4 days a week
- 1 day remote
- Office in Barcelona Center 8nice and spacious office, in the most central street, close to public transportation of any kind, but a bit expensive to eat out, be ready for it
- Indefinite contract
- Flexible schedule
- Solid, growing and sustainable project
- REAL growth possibility 9I doubt it, the company was very small (15 employees) when I joined it, and it was much smaller when I left (5 employees)